Choosing the right letting agent is a big decision, as your agent may be responsible for important long-term financial and legal matters. The aim is to find an agent who will enable you to rent out your property securely to an appropriate tenant for the best possible return. So what criteria should you consider when looking for a Berkhamsted letting agent?
The first decision to make is what you will require of your letting agent. At Home & Abroad Rentals, we offer landlords three options:
- Let Only: the agent finds a suitable tenant and the landlord undertakes the day-to-day management of the letting.
- Rent Collection: the agent finds a suitable tenant and collects the rent. All other matters are dealt with by the landlord.
- Full Management: the agent takes care of all matters related to the letting and only involves the landlord if something out of the ordinary needs their input. For new or less experienced landlords, full management can be a good option, as it offers the greatest peace of mind.
Home & Abroad is unique among Berkhamsted letting agents for providing a complete in-house management service.
It’s a good idea to use a letting agent that is located in the same area as the rental property, as knowledge of the local market is invaluable when it comes to setting rents and finding suitable tenants. Home & Abroad Rentals was established over 25 years ago and all our staff have been with us for many years, so we offer unparalleled local expertise.
Membership with professional body
It is important to choose a letting agent with membership to the National Approved Letting Scheme, or one of the professional bodies that support it:
- The Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA)
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- The National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA).
Home & Abroad Rentals is ARLA registered, which means that we follow codes of professional conduct and have guarantees in place to protect landlord and tenant monies.